The Hispanic Seminary of Medieval Studies (HSMS) was founded in the 1970s by Profs. John J. Nitti and Lloyd A. Kasten, then professors of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The HSMS is a non-profit entity whose principal aim was to provide access to the masses of transcriptions and data that were being produced as a result of their on-going Dictionary of the Old Spanish Language (DOSL) project.
Since then, the HSMS has grown to become one of the most important publishers of material in Hispanomedievalism and its related fields, making available at affordable prices all kinds of scholarly research related to the early Ibero-Romance languages and literatures.
Books are hard-bound (unless otherwise indicated) and printed on acid-free paper.
- Prepaid domestic orders must include shipping and handling charges of $10.00 for the first title and $2.00 for each additional book in the same order.
- New York residents please add 8.65% sales tax.
- All orders will be shipped book rate unless otherwise requested.
- Foreign orders must prepay on our invoice prior to shipping.
- All sales are considered final.
- Items returned for any reason except manufacturing defect or damage caused in shipping must have prior Return Materials Authorization and will incur a 20% restocking charge.
- AMERICAN EXPRESS, VISA and MASTERCARD accepted.
- A NOTE TO BOOK DEALERS: Although the prices listed in this catalogue are already much lower than normal, an additional dealer discount of 15% is automatically reflected in our invoicing and, therefore, no further reduction shall be accepted.
e-mail your orders to: firstname.lastname@example.org